Composite decking is typically installed using a combination of screws and hidden fasteners. Here’s a general overview of the installation process:
- Begin by ensuring that the substructure (the framing that supports the deck) is properly installed and level.
- Install a starter strip along the outer edge of the deck to ensure a straight, level surface for the first row of boards.
- Starting at the house, lay the first board with the groove facing toward the edge of the deck. Secure the board to the substructure using T-Clips and screws.
- Install the next board by inserting a T-Clip to the first board and then securing it to the substructure. Repeat this process for the remaining boards.
- Once all the boards are in place, trim the ends to fit the deck’s perimeter and install a finishing board along the outer edge.
- Finally, install any necessary trim pieces or railing systems.