To fix Fascia Skirting or L Profile trim to your composite decking by Tough Decking, you can follow these steps.
- Start by cutting the fascia skirting or L profile trim to the correct length and width to fit around the perimeter of your deck.
- Use a chalk line or other straight edge to mark a line where the top of the fascia or trim will sit.
- Apply clear adhesive/sealant to the back of the fascia or trim, spreading it evenly over the surface.
- Align the fascia or trim with the chalk line and press it firmly into place against the edge of the decking.
- Use stainless steel screws to secure the fascia or trim to the decking. Make sure to pre-drill holes in the fascia or trim to prevent splitting, and use screws that are long enough to penetrate both the fascia and the underlying framing.
- Repeat the process for each section of fascia or trim until the entire perimeter of the deck is covered.
- Once all the fascia or trim is in place, use a saw or router to trim any excess material from the edges.