Tough Decking Limited is a company registered in England under company number 5466356. Our registered office is Unit 1, 104 Barton Road, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 7NY. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy, together with our Terms and Condition sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us. We strictly adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. We will control your personal data in a professional manner.
The type of personal information we collect
We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Sites.The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, transactional details, tax information, support queries, forum comments, and web analytics data. We will also collect personal information from job applications (such as, your CV, the application form itself, cover letter and interview notes).
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Sites, or through other people when you use services associated with the Sites. We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information:
To fulfill a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an item.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Sites;
- providing you with services described on the Sites;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
- responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- training our staff about how to best serve our user community;
- improving our products and services.
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and
- processing your job application.
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.